The Tour de France, the worlds most prestigious and grueling cycling race, captivates millions of fans every year. FIVE of those fans happen to live at my house. Haha! We absolutely LOVE watching the entire race each July.
I love to plan a fun themed party, and I thought why not the Tour de France?! Surely we aren’t the only ones who enjoy watching the race! So, without further adieu, “Le Tour de Fête” (The Party of the Tour)
- Set up a finish line banner and mark the party area with yellow and red polka dot bunting.
- Hang bicycle-themed posters and flags around the venue.
- Create a centerpiece using mini bicycles, yellow flowers, and French flags.
- Place yellow, green, and polka dot balloons throughout the space.
- Use checkered tablecloths and napkins to represent the race’s jerseys.
- Display vintage bicycle props or cycling memorabilia as decorative accents.
- French-inspired charcuterie board with an assortment of cheeses, cured meats, olives, and baguettes.
- Croissants filled with ham and cheese or with various sweet fillings like chocolate or almond.
- Mini quiches with different fillings such as spinach and cheese, mushroom, or bacon and onion.
- Crepes with a variety of fillings like Nutella, fruit preserves, or savory options like ham and cheese.
- Assorted French pastries, including macarons, éclairs, and tartelettes.
- Serve refreshing beverages like sparkling water, French wines, and a signature cocktail inspired by the race.
- Set up a mini indoor cycling station with stationary bikes for guests to try their hand at a Tour de France-inspired challenge.
- Organize a trivia game about the history and facts of the Tour de France.
- Create a photo booth area with props like cycling jerseys, helmets, and oversized sunglasses for guests to take fun pictures.
- Arrange a table for guests to design and decorate their own race numbers or create personalized cycling badges.
Music Playlist: (because every party needs some music!)
- “Tour de France” by Kraftwerk
- “Bicycle Race” by Queen
- “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
- “On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson
- “I Want to Ride My Bicycle” by Queen
- “Life is a Highway” by Tom Cochrane
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe
- “Road to Nowhere” by Talking Heads
- “Ride Like the Wind” by Christopher Cross
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
Enjoy your “Le Tour de Fête” party!